IT'S ALL HAPPENING AT THE JAQUES ART CENTER--
"Celebrate the Visual Arts!"
For a listing of events for 2013,
please click on the link on your right
Docents needed at the Jaques Art Center.
Do you have a few hours a month to volunteer at the Jaques?
Call the JAC for more information. 927-2363
Plein Air information -- see below.
The Art of Linda Causton
Enjoy old farms, churches, landscapes, lighthouses and wildlife from near and far. Linda Causton, new to the Aitkin area, presents her paintings in this lovely and eclectic exhibit.
UPCOMING LECTURES & WORKSHOPS:
- KALEIDOSCOPE SCHEDULE:
Kaleidoscope is held the first Saturday of the month - 10 - 11:30 am (except when conflicting with a holiday). Ages 8 through adult - Cost $10 - Scholarships are always available. Call the Jaques Art Center for more information - 218-927-2363.
- Become a Member of the Jaques. A PDF is now available to print off and send or bring in to the Jaques. Click here or go to the link in the menu on the right.
- ADULT EDUCATION SCHEDULE:
On going Classes:
One Stroke Painting with local artist Rochelle Bertram, class is held the first Wednesday of each month. Cost is $18.00 plus supplies. Call the Jaques Art Center for Supplies list.
Golf tournament - Scramble
Friday, June 7th, 2013 - 1 pm
Minnesota National Golf Course,
Win the Old Morris Traveling Trophy and more! Shoot a hole-in-one and get a free car, courtesy of Aitkin Ford Motors!
Can't Play? Sponsor a Hole, Donate a Door Prize! The Jaques Appreciates Your Support.
Register now! Click here for more information (plus a registration form to send in)...or go to the Jaques to register.
- Everyday Wonders: Minnesota Landscape Paintings
by Richard Krogstad
May 31 - July 13
Opening Reception, June 1
noon - 3 p.m.
"Using oil paint, bristle brushes and canvas, I make landscape paintings depicting the skies, fields, rivers, lakes and woods of rural Minnesota. I travel many back roads, looking for places that grab my attention. I see my art vocations' highest goal as connecting with this wonder and sharing it by creating the best landscape paintings I can."
- 2013 PLEIN AIR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
This is our 7th Plein Air Event and Exhibition.
• Competition: Wednesday, July 17 through Saturday, July 20
Entries must be painted in Aitkin County painted ‘En Plein Air’ - (outdoors).
• Exhibition: Wednesday, July 17 thru August 10.
• Interested artists must submit 2 digital images (sized 5” x 7” and 200 dpi)of their plein air art either on a CD or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than May 31. Selected artists will be notified by June 7. Click here for a registration form.
• Participants will be asked to submit two completed paintings (one must be a plein air painting) for the exhibit which will end on August 10 in addition to the paintings they will paint during the competition. Each artist will be expected to paint and submit at least 3 paintings wholly painted in Aitkin County during the Plein Air Competition, July 17 - 20th.
- Plein Air Workshop
July 22 - 24
The Jaques Art Center in Aitkin, Minnesota
is pleased to sponsor a three day
workshop with watercolorist Raleigh
Kinney, an accomplished painter,
teacher and member of PAPA (Plein
Air Painters of America).
He will be presenting a Plein Air workshop July 22 - 24, after the competition. For more information, please download the brochure concerning the workshop.
Harvest Dinner and Cribbage Tournament
September 7 at the Fair Grounds
Normally we would not reach out so far in the year, but because of our upcoming Cribbage Tournament, we thought it would be fun to have a display of vintage and unusual cribbage boards at the Art Center. We asking the public for help with this project.
Bring your handmade, antique or wacky boards to us for display in the Jaques Gallery in September. The tournament and dinner are fund raising events for the Jaques.
- To see a listing of the classes, click Calendar/Schedule.
- General information, dates, prizes (and sponsors) and entry fee information.
General exhibit entry form. Also available at the Jaques Art Center.
-- You can now donate to the Jaques Art Center online, using credit cards. Click here
or on the "DONATE" link in the menu on the left.
- Click here for a brochure giving more information about the Jaques Art Center.
'Passing of the Old West'
by F.L. Jaques
The Jaques Art Center is committed to Equal Opportunities and Accessibility.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled
may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.